Thursday, July 5, 2012

Feeling Joe D' Mango (part 1)

It’s been four years since my last relationship. Some people say that it was too long of a time to be single. For me though, it was just right. I was able to enjoy being alone. I got to do things that I wanted without having to think of someone (except for my parents of course haha).I was able to meet new people and with this comes being blessed with new real friends. Over the past years, I got to know myself more. I was never in a hurry to be in a relationship with someone. My officemate, Chesa, always tells me that I’ve kissed so many frogs and that she wishes that the next one will finally turn into a prince. Seems like cupid took pity on me and finally gave me a prince. I just hope that he doesn’t turn into a frog. Hahahaha

Anyway, I just want to share some thoughts on what we should consider before entering a relationship and once in a relationship.

He or She should not complete you.

Jerry Maguire made the line “You complete me.” popular. In my opinion though, one should be complete and sure of his or her self before getting into a relationship. You should know yourself first before knowing somebody else. Your partner should not complete you; rather he or she should complement you. Be with someone who will make you better.

“Don’t go with the better guy; go with the guy that makes you better.” – This Means War


Make sure that you’re hang-up free from your previous relationship.

Just to be fair to the person you are dating or will be dating, make sure that you have no more issues from your past. You’ll just end up comparing the two. You also wouldn’t want to use someone just to get over someone. It just won’t work.

Accept the person for who he/she was, is and will be.

We all make mistakes. If you choose to decide to be with someone, you have to accept him or her completely. That includes his/her past. Past is past. You weren’t in the picture yet when it happened. Give the person the benefit of the doubt that it won’t happen again. If it does, then that’s a different discussion. Hahahaha

You also have to accept the person for who he or she is. Do not force the individual to become someone you want him or her to be. Don’t ask them to change. Change should come from him/her and for him/her.

Lastly, you also have to accept the person for who he/she wants to become. Understand and support his/her dreams. If you can not be the person who he/she aspires to become, then it might not be a good idea to be with him/her in the first place.

“Forget the past, live and enjoy the moment, and look forward to the future.”


1 comment:

Viksterg said...

Bonjour pamster I love how you put it in words whatever you feel.